An exiting 2022 initiative of the Women’s Board is to support and promote the VCFA Womens Round in 2022.
This will be on Saturday the 7th of May, to coincide with Mother’s Day on Sunday the 8th of May - and is an incredible opportunity to promote, support, encourage, HONOUR and LOVE on all the women in our Association.
Players, coaches, team managers, committee members, club volunteers, mums, grandma’s, sisters and supporters alike - we want to honour all the females in our club’s and lives on this weekend.
Now, this is a VCFA-promotion, but a Club-run event - so your club can take and run with this as you wish!
The VCFA will be providing pink shoelaces for all the female teams (juniors and seniors) in the competition. These will be distributed to clubs over the coming weeks ahead of the round. We would love to see all the teams don the pink laces for the girls and womens games on that Saturday and take (and send in!) as many pictures are you can. Best, most creative picture submitted will be gifted a $50 REBEL Gift Voucher - so get snapping!
Other ways you can LOVE on your women on this round (some ideas - but definitely not limited to!):
- Signs, posters, banners - create and place around the club promoting our girls players and women volunteers around the club
- Give the girls and Women’s games priority fields for that day as the feature matches
- Have the boys and mens teams create ‘welcome tunnels’ as the girls and women enter the field for their games
- Provide FREE coffee/tea/hot choccies (or hire a coffee cart!) for all the girls and women
- Highlight as many incredible women in your club via your social media platforms over the week and weekend
- Purchase some pink tape and have all the boys and mens teams wear pink tape to honour the females in their club
- Create a ‘cafe space’ or lounge for female spectators to sit and enjoy watching the matches (think table cloths and flowers and gazebos!)
The sky is the limit! Enjoy getting creative with your club committees and let us know how you will be implementing this initiative in your club. We look forward to seeing and being a part of the celebrations and community atmosphere.
GET INVOLVED <3