Five more days till the 2022 VCFA Womens Round THIS Saturday!
Why not make it a Mother’s day weekend! Celebrate your mother (or mother figure) 2 days in a row!
We encourage everyone to get together and make this day one to remember! Some ideas mentioned earlier to get you thinking:
- Signs, posters, banners - create and place around the club promoting our girls players and women volunteers around the club
- Give the girls and Women’s games priority fields for that day as the feature matches
- Have the boys and mens teams create ‘welcome tunnels’ as the girls and women enter the field for their games
- Provide FREE coffee/tea/hot choccies (or hire a coffee cart!) for all the girls and women
- Highlight as many incredible women in your club via your social media platforms over the week and weekend
- Purchase some pink tape and have all the boys and mens teams wear pink tape to honour the females in their club
- Create a ‘cafe space’ or lounge for female spectators to sit and enjoy watching the matches (think table cloths and flowers and gazebos!)
We would love to see all the ladies and girls teams strap on the pink shoelaces this Saturday (provided by the VCFA) as we honour all the females in our clubs and lives this weekend.
AND don’t forget to get snapping because the most creative photo submitted, will be gifted a $50 REBEL gift voucher!!
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
*The VCFA would also like to acknowledge those who have lost their mother or are struggling to become a parent, Mother's Day can be a painful reminder. Our prayers are with you and we hope you may still be able to enjoy this weekend with your loved ones.